Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Blu-ray Review: SAMURAI AVENGER: THE BLIND WOLF (2009)


http://www.cavd.com/product.php?productid=2549SAMURAI AVENGER:  THE BLIND WOLF
Directed by: 
Distributed by Synapse Films / CAV Distributing

  This quite possibly could be the best movie you have never heard of.   I had no idea what to expect going into my viewing of SAMURAI AVENGER:  THE BLIND WOLF.  I had never heard of the film and hadn't read any reviews.  I came away from the viewing blown away at just how good of a movie this is.  In fact, I honestly can't remember the last time I was this entertained by a film. 
  Here is the basic plot synopsis of SAMURAI AVENGER courtesy of the Synapse Films website:

 After losing his eyesight, his wife, and his daughter at the hands of a deranged psychopath, a man is transformed into an unstoppable killing machine hellbent on revenge! Eight years after the massacre of his family, the “Blind Wolf” has returned as a highly trained swordsman ready to seek justice. But he doesn’t know seven deadly (and even undead) assassins have been hired by his sworn enemy to make sure he doesn’t leave town alive!
 Set in nowhere and in no time, SAMURAI AVENGER: THE BLIND WOLF is a bloody sushi-western and a modern day action film with a classic samurai essence.

 Again, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a film.   The acting is great on all accounts, the story is simple yet intriguing, and the effects are spectacular!  There is a good mixture of both CG and practical effects on display, including some great gore and blood spray reminiscent of ICHI THE KILLER and other such films.   Everything about this movie is perfect in my eyes.  The music for each scene was spot on, and music is something I don't always notice in a film.  Director and star, , did an amazing job and I can not wait to see what else he does in the near future!   

  I honestly can't say enough good things about this film.  In fact, me trying to put into words a description of the greatness of this film is a waste of my time and yours.  My review can not do it justice.  This is one you just need to trust me on, and then go out and buy you a copy asap!  You will not be disappointed. 

SAMURAI AVENGER: THE BLIND WOLF is available on Blu-ray now from Synapse Films and CAV Distribution and contains the following special features:

*  Audio Commentary with Director Kurando Mitsutake, Producer Chiaki Yanagimoto and Editor John Migdal
*  Sword Fight Choreography
*  Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
*  Blooper Reel
*  Theatrical Trailer


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to visit the film's official website


http://www.cavd.com/

http://synapse-films.com/









2 comments:

  1. Will do man, I hope it's as awesome as you say. I love Samurai films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know once you check it out. I would like to hear your opinion of it!

      Delete