Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

DVD Review: RIDDLE ROOM (2016)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180317/?ref_=nv_sr_1RIDDLE ROOM
Written & Directed by 
Distributed by  Breaking Glass Pictures / Vicious Circle Films

 I always enjoy when I come across a film I have never heard of that I end up really enjoying.  RIDDLE ROOM is one I knew nothing about, but thoroughly enjoyed.   Here is the basic plot
from the film's imdb website:

  Emily Burns is being held captive in a room with no idea as to why or how she got there. Determined to escape and return to her daughter and husband, Emily discovers clues within the room that help explain what she's doing there. They even provide clues about who she is...but will they help her escape?

 One thing I really liked about this film is it starts out immediately in the middle of the action.   The woman is already kidnapped and locked in the room.  We don't have any slow parts leading up to this, we just jump in to the immediate action.  

  The film also pretty much takes place entirely in this room.   While having one set might have been for budgetary reasons, it also makes for a very creepy vibe as you almost feel claustrophobic and locked in this room with our main character.   Speaking of our main character, actress Marisa Stober did a wonderful job in this film as Emily, portraying a very believable performance. 

  This film does not have much blood or gore at all, instead it relies on the eerie vibe and creepy characters we see.   In fact, the main kidnapper is one of the creepiest characters I have seen in a while, with his burlap sac mask and creepy electronic disguised voice.

  This is one I would definitely recommend.   RIDDLE ROOM is out now on DVD and contains the following special features:

*  Cast/Crew Interviews
*  Behind the Scenes Feature
*  Cast Auditions
*  Investor Scene
*  Bonus Trailer
*  The Making of "Experiment"


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


http://www.shop.breakingglasspictures.com/main.sc





http://www.shop.breakingglasspictures.com/Vicious-Circle-Films_c2.htm








No comments:

Post a Comment