Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Check out the award winning short film, DAWN OF THE DEAF


http://www.dawnofthedeafmovie.com/

  When I first saw the title for this film, I thought it was going to be a zombie parody movie that was probably going to be pretty non-pc and offensive to the deaf community.  Boy was I wrong!    This is not a comedy or spoof movie by any means.  In fact, DAWN OF THE DEAF is one of the best short films I have ever seen!   Here is the basic plot from the film's official website:

When a strange sound wipes out the hearing population, a small group of Deaf people must band together to survive.

  I had no idea what to expect when I watched this film, but what I got was one of the most entertaining 12 minutes I have seen in a long time.   The film is brilliant and definitely makes me want to see more.   

  The film was directed by Rob Savage, and Mr. Savage, if you're reading this, I really hope that you are considering making this into a feature length film!

 Watch the film below and then leave a comment to let me know what you think!


Dawn of the Deaf from Rob Savage on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment