Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Blu-ray Review: SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS (1977)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076665/?ref_=nv_sr_2SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS
Directed by
Distributed by VCI Entertainment / MVD Entertainment Group

  I always love coming across films that not only have I never seen, but that I have never even heard of!    SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS  is one of those films.   I'll be honest, as soon as I saw the cover art for this film I had a hunch I was going to like this film!   Here is the basic plot of the film from the VCI website:

  Benedict High School's cheerleaders aren't shy and sweet. The football team knows them well – and Billy, the school's disturbed janitor, would like to. In the locker room, the girls shower and dress, unaware of the evil eyes which secretly watch them. They don't know that a curse has been placed on their clothes. And they don't know that their trip to the first big game of the season might sideline them for eternity. Will the cheerleaders succumb to the dark ritual of sexual sacrifice and death that's been plotted for them? Only those who dare watch will know!

  I'll start by saying that I have a real fondness for 1970's horror films.  There are some really fun 70's horror films and this is definitely one of them.   I do have to admit that this film won't be for everyone, and as much as I liked it, there were some slow parts that even I could have done without.  The running time clocks in at 93 minutes, which doesn't seem to long, but some parts did seem to drag on at times.  I think a little tighter editing and something closer to a 83 minute running time could have really improved this film.  Even so, this is one you'll want to check out. 

  SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS is full of crazy characters and some really cheesy 70's dialog, but that is really what gives it a lot of it's charms.   I was also surprised at the lack of killing and gore...it has very little killing and no gore at all that I recall.  This film is more about the storyline than effects or scares. It's a fun tale that just gets crazier and crazier as the film goes on.

  SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS is available now on Blu-ray/DVD combo from VCI Entertainment and MVD Visual.  Special features include:

*  Behind the scenes Photo Gallery
*  Commentary by Director Greydon Clark
*  Commentary by genre film director David DeCoteau and film historian and journalist, David Del Valle

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray/DVD combo


https://mvdshop.com/
 
https://www.vcientertainment.com/index.php?route=common/home












No comments:

Post a Comment