Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Monday, March 27, 2023

"THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE" (1974) is now out on 4K UHD!

 


THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)

Directed by:  Tobe Hooper

Distributed by:  Dark Sky Films

 

 For fans of Tobe Hooper's original classic, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, this is some awesome news!    Dark Sky Films has recently released this classic film in  deluxe 4K UHD and 4K UHD Steelbook edtions!

 Here is what you can expect from each 2 disc edition, according to the official press release:

Disc 1 holds the 4K UHD feature film and four commentary tracks: writer-producer-director Tobe Hooper, actor Gunnar Hansen and cinematographer Daniel Pearl; actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger and Paul A. Partain with production designer Robert Burns; Tobe Hooper solo; and Daniel Pearl, editor J. Larry Carroll and sound recordist Ted Nicolaou. 

Disc 2, a Blu-ray, contains the new, never-before-seen feature-length documentary The Legacy of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and several featurettes. These include “The Cinefamily Presents FRIEDKIN/HOOPER,” a conversation about the film between Tobe Hooper and The Exorcist director William Friedkin; “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Shocking Truth”; “Flesh Wounds: Seven Stories of the Saw”; a tour of the TCSM house with Gunnar Hansen; “Off the Hook with Teri McMinn”; and “The Business of Chain Saw: An Interview with Production Manager Ron Bozman.”Filling out the generous package are deleted scenes and outtakes, a blooper reel, trailers, vintage TV and radio spots, and much more to thrill fans old and new.

  I don't know about you, but THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is by far my favorite horror film of all time!    As an avid physical DVD/BD collector, I am super excited to add these to my TCM collection.    A lot of DVDs and BDs have been released of this film, but never in UHD and these new releases bring us some amazing new special features.   The new feature length documentary THE LEGACY OF THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE alone is worth picking up this new release in my opinion.  Also, like most of you, I am a sucker for a cool new steelbook and new cover art!  Be sure to grab your copy today!!


CLICK HERE to purchase the standard edtion

CLICK HERE to purchase the steelbook edition






No comments:

Post a Comment