Directed by: Shin'ya Tsukamoto
Distributed by: Unearthed Films / MVD Entertainment
TETSUO : THE BULLET MAN is the third installment in the TETSUO series. This follows 1989's TETSUO: THE IRON MAN and 1992's TETSUO II: BODY HAMMER. I went into this one blind as I have never seen the aforementioned films that came before this one. I don't think you have to have seen them, as it feels like a pretty stand alone film to me, but maybe it would have made a bit more sense if I had seen those prior installments.
Here is the plot synopsis from the Unearthed Films website:
Anthony is a bland and cautious American office worker living in Tokyo with nothing exceptional about him. Or so he thinks. When his young son is killed, Anthony begins a violent and bizarre metamorphosis, his flesh transforming into metal, his body expressing his repressed rage and lust for revenge. Anthony is becoming the weapon that will destroy the man who killed his son and, if his rage cannot be contained, the entire city in the process.
Now, even though I wasn't sure exactly why what was happening was happening, I still really enjoyed this movie. It was a fun body-horror film with lots of action. In fact, it's really not a horror movie to be honest. It's much more of a dark action film.
The film is very short with only a 71 minute run time, so it's a quick, fun, action flick that doesn't make you think to much. Basically we just get scenes of the father taking revenge on the people that killed his son. He does so in some crazy ways as his body slowly turns into a crazy metal armor and weapon. It progresses as the film goes on, so towards the end of the film, he is almost unrecognizable as a person, and is more so just a huge hunk of metal with guns and some sort of light/heat cannon on his torso.
This is a weird one for sure, which is my kind of film. The editing is crazy in this film, I actually feel sorry for whoever had to edit it. It is very choppy and scenes jump from one to another so quickly. It's all planned this way, and makes for some cool aesthetics, but I just can't imagine having to work on this film and making all those quick cuts. The film is very cool visually, and as always, Unearthed Films has done an amazing job with the Limited Edition Blu-ray release.
TETSUO: THE BULLET MAN is available now and contains the following Special Features:
- * Audio Commentary with Actor Eric Bossick and Japanese cinema expert Tom Mes
- * Tetsuo: The Bullet Man - Multi Material Version
- * Photo Gallery
- * Trailers
One thing I have to mention is the Special Feature, "TETSUO: THE BULLET MAN - MULTI MATERIAL VERSION". This is a Special Feature I had never seen before. Basically, it is the full movie, with the complete original audio track, but the video is made up of a compilation of behind the scenes photos, videos, and storyboards. This was a very interesting and unique way to present a "making of" type feature. Be sure to check this out on this new Blu-ray release!
CLICK HERE to purchase the Limited Edition Blu-ray from Unearthed Films
CLICK HERE to purchase the Limited Edition Blu-ray from the MVD Shop




![[OneLovelyBlog.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjDJDtv7QcHu7FaSMaOEayqMk83gQpGr9YyHBZ4t5JqiBCFeqgmWhsEAu3-SLdgWXjMnrkA-TFzw_O5NZ0DWjoMjtFmiieCVYj5qLToGRKn4Gs_84rfzHjWeahDKZujY1Hxq021gBb5b0U/s1600/OneLovelyBlog.jpg)
![[kreativeblog.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjcjlvGfxS1hJVYGO7zw3YGExLj0yW6nD7g9Qwc4r_ty3FNC66A8Sg4ts7uibSU8aPRZ8a9K6h73BEARRsuYqa7WloF1cfIOYeedLVR0LNNP2y-cPxdMB6S1JnIh1IZHx6uIOUvZ1fcG0pR/s1600/kreativeblog.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment