Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Blu-ray Review: NEKROMANTIK


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093608/NEKROMANTIK
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Cult Epics / CAV Distributing

  Most hardcore horror fans are pretty familiar with the NEKROMANTIK films.  They have long been out of print and a treasure for DVD collectors to get their hands on.  Well now everyone can get their hands on a copy thanks to Cult Epics which has recently released this landmark film on a new Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray!

For those unfamiliar with the film, here is the basic plot synopsis from the Cult Epics website:

Nekromantik tells the story of Rob (Daktari Lorenz) who works at a street-cleaning Agency, and visits roadside accidents to clean up the scene. Incidentally Rob collects the body parts and shares them with his girlfriend Betty (Beatrice M.) When Rob presents a complete corpse taken out of a swamp, their undying love reaches its peak, but soon after Betty gets a more liking towards the corpse and leaves Rob, which takes him to the sick end of his destruction.

  I hate to admit it, but I can't help but like this movie.  While the a movie about necrophilia shouldn't be something I like, I tend to like any film these days that can truly shock me.   I had never seen this film before this new release.  I can't imagine what audiences thought back in the 80's when this film was first released. It is still shocking today as it was back then, and that to me is a good thing.  I love a movie that can actually effect me to where  I am still thinking about it days after watching it.  This film did that.    While the story and subject matter is very gross, there is some truly amazing gore in this film, including a woman cut in half after a car accident which still looked way too real to me! 

  Also on this new release is one of Jorg Buttgereit's early short films, HOT LOVE.  This 40 minute short film is an awesome addition to this release.  This is a gore filled romp in the same vein as NEKROMANTIK.  Here is the plot synopsis of HOT LOVE from the director's personal website:

Daktari Lorenz falls in eternal, blissfull love with Marion (Marion Koob) at a party. He is in heaven... but soon she dumps him and moves in with a tall, blond new lover (Jörg Buttgereit himself). Daktari vows bitter revenge. He rapes the girl thus creating a monster baby that will show Marion what “Present Me with Your Heart” literally means. Dark, brooding and violent, this movie, made in 1985, set the tone for NEKROMANTIK.

NEKROMANTIK is available now from Cult Epics in a 2-Disc Special Edition DVD or on Blu-ray, and contains the following special features:
  • New Director’s approved HD transfer (taken from the original Super 8mm negative)
  • New Grindhouse HD version (taken from the Theatrical 35mm print)
  • Introduction by Jorg Buttgereit (2013)
  • Q&A with Jorg Buttgereit at the American Cinematheque (2013)
  • Never Before released short film Hot Love (1985) in HD
  • Hot Love Audio Commentary & Featurette
  • Audio Commentary by Jorg Buttgereit and co-author Franz Rodenkirchen
  • The Making of Nekromantik
  • Nekromantik Featurette
  • Still Photo Gallery
  • JB Trailers
  • Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.cultepics.com/new_releases.html





http://www.cavd.com/index.php








No comments:

Post a Comment