Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

DVD Review: HORROR STORIES (2012)


HORROR STORIES
Distributed by:  Artsploitation Films

  I am  a huge fan of foreign horror films, especially Asian horror.  I am also a huge fan of horror anthologies, so this South Korean horror anthology film had a lot going for it in my eyes before I ever watched it.  Luckily, upon actually watching the film, I was not disappointed in the least.  This is one of the better horror anthologies I have seen in a while!   Here is some info on the film from the Artsploitation Films website:


Horror anthologies might be everywhere these days, but the Korean entry Horror Stories raises the bar with four terrifying stories (and a nail-biting wraparound tale), each one chilling enough to be its own feature. If you thought this was going to be a tame collection of teen-friendly “ghost girl” stories – think again. Horror Stories goes right for the jugular with non-stop splatter, intense shocks and riveting suspense. A high school girl is abducted and forced by a psycho to tell him the scariest tales she knows.
  • Don’t Answer the Door” finds a little brother and sister home alone at night and under siege.
  • Endless Flight” has a serial killer escaping police custody in the middle of an otherwise empty flight.
  • Secret Recipe” serves up a wildly macabre fairy tale about two jealous stepsisters who take plastic surgery to nightmarish extremes.
  • Ambulance on the Death Zone” is a claustrophobic zombie shocker with a paramedic and a mother at a standoff over her possibly infected young daughter.
An international genre festival success from Sitges to Fantasia, this is one of the best Korean horror films in years and has been called “one of the scariest Asian horror anthologies of the 21st century” (horror-movies.ca).


HORROR STORIES is a must see for any horror fan in my opinion.  The production value is top notch and the acting in all 4 stories is superb.  I think the first and last story are my favorites by far, with the last story (“Ambulance on the Death Zone”) being my favorite.  This is a zombie film done in a very unique way, as most of the entire film takes place inside an ambulance.  The confined space of the ambulance really works well with this story and adds to the suspense.  

HORROR STORIES is available now on DVD and it includes the following Special Features:

*  Cast Interviews
*  12-page Collectible Booklet
*  Reversible Cover Art
*  Artsploitation Trailers


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD










No comments:

Post a Comment