Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Check out the trailer for the Danish Zombie film, ESCAPING THE DEAD

 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3334746/ 
  I recently got a press release for a new Zombie film called, ESCAPING THE DEAD.  I checked out the trailer and I have to say, I am pretty impressed with what I see.   Now I can tell this is a very low budget film, but sometimes, those can have more heart to them than the big budget films.  I think this could be that type of film.   One thing that struck me with the film was the gore, and from the looks of it the filmmakers use 100% practical effects.  That is huge bonus points right off the bat!
  Here is some more detailed info about the film, from the official press release:  

"Escaping the Dead" is inspired by a series of articles about the deathdrug "Krokodil" that was published about the same period of time when Ronald Poppo had his face eaten by a naked man hooked on bathsalt in Miami. It is the perfect zombie plot: a deathdrug that turns people into zombies.
The film has its starting point in a typical day for the lead character, David. David is the local marihuana pusher, but he is the kind of dealer that smokes more than he sells. In the meantime the country has been hit by a new deathdrug and when David and his partner in crime Ahmir is offered some exceptionally cheap cocaine they see it as an opportunity to earn big money at the big techno concert the following Friday, but the cocaine turns out to have a terrible side effect that creates a giant zombie outbreak that spreads across the entire Copenhagen. In the film we follow David and his bloody fight out of the city.
 
Directed by Martin Sonntag and Bastian Brinch Pedersen, the film stars Bastian Brinch Pedersen (who is also the co-director and producer of the film) as David, Rama Øzel as Ahmir, along with Daniel Hutera, Ali Öezkan, Iben Ma Bønnelycke, Nicolai Huan Nguyen, Camilla Ludvigsen and Kim Sønderholm ("Blood Fare", "The Winedancers", "Sinister Visions") playing Lars the policeman.
 
 It looks like the film just came out in Denmark, so it will probably be a while before we see it here in the states.  But I have a feeling this will get picked up from a U.S. distributor very soon!  Check out the trailer and let me know what you think!
 
 
CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment