Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Book Review: SEX AND HORROR: THE ART OF EMANUELE TAGLIETTI



http://www.koreropress.com/sex-and-horror-the-art-of-emanuele-taglietti/SEX AND HORROR:  THE ART OF EMANUELE TAGLIETTI 
Published by Korero Press


  If you have never heard of Emanuele Taglietti, don't worry, I hadn't either.  But if you are a fan of horror comics like I am, then it is a name you need to know.   I don't know how I have never heard of Mr. Taglietti, but I am glad that I have finally made acquaintance with his amazingly beautiful artwork!    Luckily we don't have to go round up all his comic book art to look at, as Korero Press has compiled some of his greatest works into this beautiful coffee table art book.   Here is a description of the book from the Korero Press website:

In the late 1970s and early ’80s Italy became crazy about the 'fumetti sexy', a home-grown style of erotic comics that subverted every genre with its own brand of twisted humour, violence, and up-front sensuality. Wilder and weirder than you can imagine, they were some of the most outrageous and shocking comics ever produced – most wouldn't be allowed today. These weren’t underground comics: they were totally mass market and their highly erotic covers were seen on every news stand and kiosk across the country. At their peak leading publishers were releasing a new 100-page comic every few days, with artists having to draw 150 to 200 pages a month. In the late 1980s, the advent of video and the global mono-culture of international media companies brought it all to an end. However, the work of one of the leading fumetti cover artists, Emanuele Taglietti, remains highly collectable and has been brought together for the first time in this book, providing a long-overdue look at this forgotten genre.


  This is one of the most beautiful comic art books I have ever seen.  It is a nice, thick book clocking in at 160 pages, all in full color.  Along with each painting that is seen here, there is a brief description telling you the title of the comic it was from, the issue number, and the publication month and year.  Some of the more popular comics have a brief description telling you what the general plot of the comic was.  The book also has a small section at the front that gives some brief biographical info on Mr. Taglietti. 


CLICK HERE to purchase SEX AND HORROR:  THE ART OF EMANUELE TAGLIETTI

http://www.koreropress.com/












1 comment:

  1. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
    I really had a great time reading your article, please read my article also imarksweb.net
    imarksweb.net . GBY :*

    ReplyDelete