Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, August 5, 2016

DVD Review: MY MASTER SATAN: 3 TALES OF DRUG FUELED VIOLENCE (2016)


http://www.storenvy.com/products/17146539-my-master-satan-3-tales-of-drug-fueled-violence-dvdMY MASTER SATAN:  3 TALES OF DRUG FUELED VIOLENCE
Written & Directed by: 

  Let me start off my saying this is not the type of film I would normally review.  I am not a fan of Satan at all, and [as a Christian] I in no way promote the glorification of Satan or devil worship.  What I do support is independent filmmakers, no matter what the subject matter (to an extent).   This is true independent horror, self distributed by the filmmaker through his store envy site.  This is underground filmmaking at it's extreme.  Before I go any further, here is the plot synopsis from the film's IMDB.com page:

  My Master Satan: 3 Tales of Drug Fueled Violence is an anthology horror film that features three tales that revolve around serial killer/druggie Alister (Dakota Bailey) & his equally demented serial killer friends Woody, Charlie and Bubba & takes the viewer deep into a seedy underworld of crime, drugs, depravity & murder. In the first tale, Bubba (Matt Marshall) enlists Alister's help to exhume the corpse of his deceased unfaithful wife who he murdered. Afterwards the two of them decide to take some LSD resulting in an acid trip where they briefly see Satan.
  The second tale follows Alister and his twisted friend Charlie (Brian Knapp) as they go out at night committing murder, & other deviant acts.
  Finally in the third and final tale, Alister & Bubba go on a quest for more LSD, meeting their serial killer friend Woody and committing violent acts along the way, and finally having the ultimate ritualistic acid trip that once again brings them face to face with Satan himself.

  If you are a fan of underground, raw, violent cinema, this film will be right up your alley!  Think AUGUST UNDERGROUND TRILOGY or AMERIKAN HOLOKAUST.  These are films that  MY MASTER SATAN reminded me of.   The film was shot over 20015-2016, but it was shot with what looks like a VHS recorder and was made to look older and very rough.  This is intentional for sure, and definitely adds to the gritty feel of the film.   There are some great effects, although quite a few are cutaway scenes, but still effective.  The intentionally bad film/sound quality make this film feel very real, which makes for a very disturbing viewing experience! 

  Hardcore underground film lovers should give this one a shot for sure.   DVDs are on sale now for only $5.99 + shipping! 

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD




No comments:

Post a Comment