Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Blu-ray Review: THE MONSTER (2016)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3976144/?ref_=nv_sr_1 
 
 
THE MONSTER
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Lionsgate

  I love a good creature feature, and it seems like that is a sub-genre of horror that we just don't see much of these days.  Nowadays, it's all zombies and Vampires, not that there is anything wrong with that.  I love those types of films, but I just really miss the days of a good creature feature!   Luckily those days are back the the release of THE MONSTER.  A fun creature film that is sure to keep you entertained from start to finish!  Here is the basic plot courtesy of the Lionsgate website:

  Acclaimed horror filmmaker Bryan Bertino (THE STRANGERS) directs this suspenseful and scary film, in which a divorced mother (Zoe Kazan) and her headstrong daughter must make an emergency late-night road trip to see the girl’s father. As they drive through deserted country roads on a stormy night, they suddenly have a startling collision that leaves them shaken but not seriously hurt. Their car, however, is dead, and as they try in vain to get help, they come to realize they are not alone on these desolate backroads — a terrifying evil is lurking in the surrounding woods, intent on never letting them leave.

  This was a very fun film, it was simple in plot, but kept you entertained the entire running time.  The film was very well done, with good acting and great creature effects...all which looked like practical effects.  That is always a plus in my book.   The film did a good job of keeping you in suspense with some very tense moments as the woman and daughter are trapped inside their car with the creature lurking about.   There were some genuine scares as well, and a good amount of blood/gore. 

  One thing I didn't like about the film was the lack of explanation about what this monster was.  Was it an alien, a deformed animal, or something completely different?   While some might like the mystery surrounding this creature...I would have liked to see some explanation.  Was this the first time the monster appeared and started killing?  Seems like if this had happened before, people would know to stay away from this area.  Regardless, I am just a curious person so I really want to know what this monster is and where it is from.  Oh well, maybe that's a story for an eventual sequel (or  prequel)!

  THE MONSTER is available now from Lionsgate Home Entertainment on both DVD and Blu-ray.  I highly recommend this one if you are a fan of creature features.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray



http://www.lionsgate.com/he/









No comments:

Post a Comment