Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

DVD Review: GALLOWWALKERS (2012)

  
GALLOWWALKERS
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Lionsgate Entertainment

  Last night I watched the film GALLOWWALKERS starring Wesley Snipes.
I am a big Wesley Snipes fan and hadn't seen him in anything in a long time, so I was super excited to see him back in a movie, and the fact it was a horror movie was even better!   Here is the basic plot of the film from the Lionsgate website:

  A mysterious gunman, Aman (Snipes), is the son of a nun who breaks her covenant with God to ensure his survival. This act brings a curse upon Aman - all those that die by his gun will return. Soon, he is hunted by a gang of his undead former victims, led by the vicious Kansa. Aman enlists Fabulos, a new young warrior, to fight by his side.

  I am usually not a big fan of westerns, but if a western contains zombies and tons of great gore, then count me in!   I thought GALLOWWALKERS was a lot of fun.   The plot was a little hard to follow at some points, and I didn't understand the inclusion of certain characters, but the film kept me entertained the entire time. 

  The movie is very well made with some beautiful scenery and some excellent cinematography.  The acting is very good overall, but I have to admit, Snipes character is pretty one dimensional and flat.   The other actors were all very good, but the real star of this film to me was the gore.  The film had much more gore than I expected, some of which was some of the most brutal I have seen in a film in a long time.  Watch the trailer and you will get to see a scene where Snipes' character rips the head off of a zombie, complete with spinal cord still attached!  It was basically like watching a movie version of the Mortal Kombat finishing move!  Very awesome on many levels!

  I would definitely recommend this film.  The film will be available on DVD, Digital Download, and Video on Demand on August 6th.  The DVD contains the following Special Features:

*  Includes Digital UltraViolet copy of the film
*  Behind the Scenes "making of" featurette With Cast/Crew Interviews
*  Trailer Gallery


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
  




 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a horror movie addicted when ever I feel bore I usually visit this blog to read a blog. I'm one of the people who feel scare after and during watching horror movie :P :D but trust me watching horror movies help you release you from hyper tension.
    I'm working as a webmaster of https://www.bitcoinsxchanger.com my work is always very panic and hard. but when ever I'm watching horror movie this make me fresh and make my mind out of my daily routine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal Water Pools want to turn your backyard into a place like paradise. We specialize in natural-looking artificial rocks, waterfalls and swimming pools. We have been operating in the Atlanta region since 2001.

    ReplyDelete