Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DVD Review: THE BLOODY RAGE OF BIGFOOT (2010)

-------------Review by contributing writer Scott Baker------------------

THE BLOODY RAGE OF BIGFOOT
Directed by:  James Baack
Distributed by:  Cheezy Flicks

THE BLOODY RAGE OF BIGFOOT is one of those movies that defies all logical convention: it is a two-hour-and-forty-five minute travesty that somehow found distribution. And although the film sucks almost three hours of your life away, my review in turn will be much shorter.

This movie officially replaces my Worst Movie of 2011 selection (see Bikini Vampire Babes review here). Not only does this movie suck, it sucks for ALMOST THREE HOURS. Wow. I didn't know something could piss me off that long but THE BLOODY RAGE OF BIGFOOT proves that it can.

The subject matter alone is something that will not interest most people. I've seen several Bigfoot movies and NONE of them have been able to hold my attention. I mean, if you want to make a movie about something cryptozological, then pick a creature that no one has done a movie on before. Or hell, even make one up. And if you absolutely must make one on Bigfoot, at least try to make it interesting.

Aside from the ho-hum subject matter, the title is extremely inappropriate, not to mention misleading. There is no rage to speak of, let alone much blood. And the blood we do get to see is nothing more than water with pink dye in it...or something similar. I am more disappointed in these special effects than I was with Zombies by Design (see review here). I kept yelling at the screen, "Come on, guys...at least TRY to make it look real!"

The acting in this film is beyond horrible, with most of the cast fumbling through a poorly written script and then glancing at the camera every few minutes, I guess to make sure they were still in the shot or something. And when they're not bumbling their lines, they're improvising something lame that doesn't make much sense to the movie. Bad acting I can overlook, IF the story and/or action is good...THE BLOODY RAGE OF BIGFOOT unfortunately fails at all three.

Now for the editing. Damn...I wish the guy(s) that cut the film would have stayed awake while working on it. I mean, falling asleep is the only excuse I can come up with for all of the errors that were allowed in to the final cut. There's one scene in particular that sticks out in my head: towards the beginning of the movie, Satantha and Lucy-fur are running to get into a stolen car...but both girls run to the driver's side. Satantha stops at the driver's side door, turns back to the camera, and then says with a giggle, "Oops...I went to the wrong side." The scene then cuts away. I rolled my eyes and tried to keep from kicking my MacBook across the room. Like I said: "Come on, guys...at least TRY!"

The main reason this film pisses me off so badly is because of its length. It would have been one thing if it were an hour and a half long and sucked...but almost three hours? I can't believe I wasted so much time on this piece of trash. I want that time back and so does my laptop.

To sum up, THE BLOODY RAGE OF BIGFOOT is the worst movie I've seen so far this year, and will be tough to beat out for that title. I'm not sure if the producers were setting out to make a comedy or a true-to-form horror movie, but it failed miserably on both fronts. It's almost cliche to say, but THE BLOODY RAGE OF BIGFOOT almost sent me into a rage-blackout. Don't bother to give this one a look.


CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to visit the official website and watch the trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment