Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Here's another great iPhone/iPad game: TWISTED LANDS: SHADOW TOWN

Here's another great game for all you fans of horror apps for the iPhone/iPad.    The game is called TWISTED LANDS:  SHADOW TOWN.   This is a "hidden object" style game where you have to solve clues and puzzles and every so often you have a scene were you have to find hidden objects from a list.  After finding all the items, you will be told that one item in particular will help you along your journey and it will add it to your inventory.  What you do with that item is then totally up to you. 

The story is simple,  our main character and his wife are out on a boat when they get shipwrecked on an island.   You play the part of the husband, and when you come to, your wife if missing.  You must solve all the clues and used items you find around the island to help you along your way.  

The hidden object scenes are pretty easy, but some of the puzzles and mini games are really tough.  Along the way you will encounter some strange beings, including lost of ghosts of years past.  

This game was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it to those gamers that like more story and puzzle type games  (like MYST, for example).  There is no real violence or blood, so hardcore horror fans might not care for it, but I really enjoyed playing it. 

The iPhone/touch version is $2.99 from the app store, while the iPad version is $4.99.  There is a "Lite" version, so you can check it out before you purchase it to see if it is something you would enjoy.  

If you play it, let me know what you think.  Do you have some other favorite horror games for the iPhone/iPad?

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment