Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Blu-ray Review: CHAINED (2012)


CHAINED
Directed by Jennifer Lynch
Distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment

  I knew nothing about this film when it arrived in my mailbox for review.  I had never even heard of it, so to be honest, I wasn't really excited about seeing it.  I usually believe that if you haven't heard of a film, there is usually a reason why.  If it was good, I would have heard about it right?  WRONG.  This movie wasn't just good...it was excellent.  How this isn't getting more buzz on the Internet just baffles me.  Or, maybe it is and I have just missed it all.  Anyway, this is an amazing film that must be seen.  Here is the plot from the Anchor Bay website:

   From the writer/director of BOXING HELENA From the mind of writer/director Jennifer Lynch comes the shocker that stunned audiences worldwide: When he was 9 years old, Tim and his mother were abducted by taxi-driving serial killer Bob (an intensely disturbing performance by Vincent D’Onofrio). Tim’s mother was murdered. Tim was kept as a chained slave, forced to bury the bodies of young women Bob drags home and keep scrapbooks of the crimes. Now a teenager, Tim (Eamon Farren) and Bob share a depraved father/son/protégé relationship. But who will ultimately sever the bond between ‘family’ and unimaginable horror? Jake Weber (“Medium”), Evan Bird (“The Killing”) and Julia Ormond (THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON, “Mad Men”) co-star in what critics are calling one of the most controversial and uncompromising thrillers of our time.
 
  Now, I must tell you....this film is difficult to watch.  The subject matter is obviously disturbing and it is very hard to watch a small child witness what happens to his mom.   But, while difficult to watch, it is even more difficult not to watch.   I was hooked from the very beginning and could not take my eyes off the screen.   The acting is brilliant, from everyone involved.  Vincent D'Onofrio does a remarkable job as the killer and gives a great performance. He is extremely creepy and plays this role to perfection.  The characters are believable and what makes this film so effective is that you know this kind of thing can happen and has happened in real life.

  The movie has a nice twist ending I sure didn't see coming.  It also leaves some things unanswered and leaves them up to the viewer to decide what happens next.

  This is must see for any horror fan.  CHAINED is available now on DVD or Blu-ray/DVD combo pack.  Special features include:

*  Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Jennifer Lynch and Actor Vincent D'Onofrio
*  Mary's Murder - Alternate Unrated Version
*  Trailer
 

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray

No comments:

Post a Comment