Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stop what you are doing, and go watch this trailer right now! THE DEAD AND THE DAMNED

Zombie Westerns have been tried before, with mixed results, but this one looks like a winner for sure! THE DEAD AND THE DAMNED is the name of the film, and here is the plot synopsis from imdb.com:

California gold rush, late 1800's: A gun slinging bounty hunter (Mortimer) travels deep into the mountains to find a deadly Apache warrior (Brother Wolf) who is wanted by the law. Along the way he passes through a gold mining Town. The miners help direct Mortimer to the Apache and send him on his way. Mortimer enters the forest and begins to track the Apache. Back in town, the miners un-earth an ancient meteor. They use their pick axes to crack it open. A section of the meteor splits apart and spores explode out of it. The spore surround and infect the entire population of the mining camp. They are transformed into ravenous mutants. After a vicious battle against the Apache warrior, Mortimer exits the forest with his prisoner in shackles. They hike back to the mining town to find them selves surrounded by a horde of blood thirsty mutants. Now Mortimer the gun slinger and Brother Wolf the Warrior must join together to survive the mutant hordes. What ensues is a bloodbath of horror for the Dead and the Damned.

The zombie effects look amazing....I hope it will live up to the way this trailer makes it look. I haven't found any info about a release date, but if I find it, I will let you all know. If you hear anything, let me know! You can visit the official site of the film (http://www.thedeadandthedamnedmovie.com/), but all it says on there is "coming soon" so you don't get any more info from that site.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer

1 comment:

  1. Very neat trailer. I've always enjoyed the meshing of the horror and Western genres... "Weird Westerns" as they call them. This looks like it has the potential to gain some cult status. The makeup effects are indeed pretty spiffy. I'll being keeping my eyes peeled for the release. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete