Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'm back from vaction!!! Read on about my SHINING moment!!


Greetings Boils and Ghouls!  I am back from a week long vacation...I hope you didn't miss me too much!!   I went on a week long trip to beautiful Estes Park, Colorado with the family and had a great time hiking the Rocky Mountains!! 

One very pleasant surprise I got when I arrived in Estes Park was a familiar looking hotel that was right across the field from our rental house.  It was a hotel called the Stanley Hotel, and I soon found out why it looked so familiar to me! 

Here is a brief description from wikipedia:

The Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for the fictional Overlook Hotel in Stephen King's novel THE SHINING. While he and his wife were staying at the Stanley, King conceived the basic idea for the novel. The 1997 television miniseries version of THE SHINING was filmed at the Stanley, and it has been used as a location site for other films as well, most notably as the "Hotel Danbury" in DUMB AND DUMBER.

Wow!  Every morning I woke up and went out on the back deck I could look across and see the hotel that inspired THE SHINING!  Pretty cool!!

The pic up above is a panoramic of the hotel I took when I walked over to visit the hotel.  It is a beautiful hotel both inside and out.
The pic below was the view I had of the Stanley while sitting on the back deck of our rental house.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, dude! I was in Colorado almost a year ago and spent a day in Estes. Even did some writing on the front porch of the Stanley. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool to be able to do some writing in the same place that inspired Stephen King to write THE SHINING!! Estes Park is beautiful, I hated to come back to this 100 degree heat!

    ReplyDelete