Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, August 31, 2014

DVD Review: BUNNYMAN MASSACRE


http://midnightreleasing.com/bunnyman-massacre/BUNNYMAN MASSACRE
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Midnight Releasing

 Yes!!  Finally....a slasher film that feels fresh and new, and not just like something we have already seen before redone with different characters!   BUNNYMAN MASSACRE is one of the most original and fun slashers I have seen in a long time!!   Here is the basic plot of the film from the Midnight Releasing website:

 The adventures of Joe and Bunnyman know no limit of bloodlust and carnage. Bodies pile up as Bunnyman indiscriminately slaughters anything that crosses his path in a mutually beneficial relationship that gives Joe plenty of beef jerky to sell in his local store.

  I knew I was going to like this one from the opening scene involving a killer in a bunny suit wielding a chainsaw and attacking a bus full of kids.   Most movies would not show a bus full of kids getting slaughtered, but this movie doesn't hold back or pull any punches.    Don't worry though, it doesn't really show any of the kids getting killed, that would obviously upset me.  The way they did it was almost with a comical tone, so it really wasn't as disturbing as it could have been, which is a good thing since it involved kids.

  The rest of the film, thought is very brutal, with some great kill scenes and some awesome gore.  The film was made well, and the pacing is very good.  With some slasher films you can get very bored between the kill scenes, but BUNNYMAN MASSACRE kept my attention the entire running time.   I loved this film and highly recommend it for any fans of slasher films. 
 
  BUNNYMAN MASSACRE is available on DVD now from Midnight Releasing and contains the following special features:

-Audio Commentary
-Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
-Deleted Scenes
-Cast & Crew Interviews
-Joe's Guide to Dating
-Bunnyman Gets Fast Food




CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


http://midnightreleasing.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment