Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just when I thought Japanese horror films couldn't get any crazier, along comes DEAD SUSHI!

 















  As you may know, I am a huge fan of Japanese horror films.  They makes some of the craziest films out there, and this one might just be the craziest of all.  DEAD SUSHI is the newest film from Japanese horror director, Noboru Iguchi.  Mr. Iguchi has directed some of my favorite foreign films, including THE MACHINE GIRL, ROBOGEISHA, and MUTANT GIRLS SQUAD.   DEAD SUSHI recently got picked up for U.S. distribution by Action Slate Releasing and Millennium Entertainment, (divisions of Birch Tree Entertainment) so I would expect a DVD and/or Blu-ray release sometime in the near future!  Here is the basic plot of the film from the Birch Tree Entertainment website:

The film, which stars 21-year-old martial arts prodigy Rina Takeda, tells the tale of Keiko, the daughter of a legendary sushi chef, who runs away from home when her father’s kung fu-like regimen becomes too severe. Finding work at a rural hot springs inn, she is ridiculed by the eccentric staff and guests, including the employees of a pharmaceutical firm there on a work vacation. But little do they know that a disgruntled former researcher has also come to the inn with a plan for revenge, using a serum he developed that can awaken the murderous instincts of ordinary sushi, turning it into bloodthirsty monsters! Keiko must use both her sushi training and her martial arts skills to save the others and defeat the flying killers.

As silly as this premise sounds, I think it will be a really fun film.  Definitely not one to take seriously on any level, but one to just watch and have fun with. 
 
CLICK HERE to visit the film's official website and watch the trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment