Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blu-ray Review: DEAD BALL (2011)

  
DEAD BALL
Directed by
Distributed by Well Go USA

  Director Yudai Yamaguchi is back with another great action - horror - splatter film, DEAD BALL.  You might remember Yamaguchi from the last film of his I reviewed on my blog called YAKUZA WEAPON (you can read that review here).  He definitely knows how to make a fun splatter film!  Here is the basic plot of DEAD BALL from the Well Go USA website:

  Baseball prodigy Jubeh Yakyu (Tak Sakaguchi) is the most feared and dangerous juvenile delinquent in all of Japan. After accidentally causing the death of his father with a super-powered fireball pitch, Jubeh swore off baseball, but his life of crime leaves him in the Pterodactyl Juvenile Reformatory, at the mercy of Headmistress Ishihara, the granddaughter of a World War II Nazi collaborator, and her sadistic assistant, Ilsa.
  Despite having sworn never to play baseball again, Jubeh is presented with an ultimatum: join the reformatory team, The Gauntlets, in the national tournament, or witness the death of his innocent cellmate. Jubeh is now in a fight for his life against the sexy but deadly "psycho butcher girls" of the St. Black Dahlia High School. These teams are literally playing for blood!

  Ok, I know it sounds kinda weird, and it is, but it is a crazy film and is definitely worth a watch.  I have to say I am a huge fan of the main actor, Tak Sakaguchi.  He was awesome in YAKUZA WEAPON and is just as cool in this film, even showing some lighter, comedic range to his acting.
  This film is full of great gore as you would expect, although I have to admit some of it doesn't look that great being as it is mostly CG, but that doesn't take away from the fun aspect of the film.   This is apparently a follow up to director Yamaguchi's earlier zombie baseball film, BATTLEFIELD BASEBALL which I have not yet seen, but plan on doing so after seeing this film!

  DEAD BALL is available now on DVD and Blu-ray and contains the following special features:

*  Spinoff Short
*  Making of DEAD BALL Featurette
*  Cast Interviews
*  Sushi Typhoon Trailers


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray

No comments:

Post a Comment