Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DVD Review: DOLL BOY (2010)


DOLL BOY
Directed by

  DOLL BOY is a short film clocking in at just over 26 minutes. It was written and directed by , and is mainly a marketing tool for the upcoming feature film, CIRCUS OF THE DEAD.  But we'll talk more about that later, for now, let's focus on the wonderful short film, DOLL BOY.  Here is the plot from the film's imdb.com page:

When a brutal daylight massacre leaves them bound and gagged in a remote, abandoned warehouse, eight young West Texans soon realize their minutes are numbered.

  Simple plot, but executed to perfection.   This is a wonderful film that I actually remember seeing a couple of years ago at a Texas Frightmare Convention I attended in Dallas, TX.  Seeing it again on DVD brought back wonderful memories of the killer known only as "Doll Boy".  He wears a creepy doll mask that makes Doll Boy one of the cooler masked killers I have seen in a film in a long time.  His weapon of choice is a sledgehammer and he uses it well!  The film takes place in a very old and creepy abandoned warehouse of some sort, which I assume is where "Doll Boy" has taken up residence.  A creepy clown delivers a truckload of bound and gagged people to the warehouse and locks them in.  I guess this is a favor for "Doll Boy" and gives him a fun game to play....catch and kill!  The film is shot in a form of an old grindhouse film complete with a couple of "fake" trailers for the films "CIRCUS OF THE DEAD" and the grossly hilarious "MR. FISTER". 

  It doesn't look like DOLL BOY is being sold anywhere, but if you have a chance to get your hands on a copy, you will want to give this one a look for sure.   I can't wait to see a full length film from Bloody Bill....and it looks like we will get to with the previously mentioned CIRCUS OF THE DEAD, which Bloody Bill is turning into a full length film.  "Doll Boy" will be a character in the CIRCUS OF THE DEAD film along with a slue of other creepy demented characters, I'm sure.   I will pass on more info on CIRCUS OF THE DEAD once I have it!  Stay tuned!!  Until then, check out the links below to stay up to date on all that's going on with Bloody Bill and his projects!


CLICK HERE to visit the official website of director Bloody Bill
CLICK HERE to visit the official website of DOLL BOY and watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to visit the official facebook page of CIRCUS OF THE DEAD
CLICK HERE to visit the official website of CIRCUS OF THE DEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment