Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, January 20, 2012

DVD Review: LITTLE DEATHS (2011)

 
LITTLE DEATHS
Directed by:  Sean Hogan, Simon Rumley, and Andrew Parkinson
Distributed by:  Image Entertainment

I had no clue what to expect from LITTLE DEATHS.  The cover looked cool, and the pics on the back were very intriguing, but you never know what you are going to get with a lot of films.  I had never even heard of this film, so I had no clue what to expect.  Sometimes the pictures on the cover make a film look better than it is.  I am glad to say for this film, that is not the case.  In fact, the few pictures you see on the back don't do it justice.  Before I go on, here is the basic plot courtesy of Image Entertainment:

Well-to-do home owners Richard and Victoria pose as religious do-gooders and lure homeless girls to their luxurious home. Apartment dwellers Claire and Pete invigorate their love life with a role-playing game with increasingly hazy boundaries. Jen and Frank, once prostitute and pimp, are now trying to make a go of things as an exclusive couple. Jen’s even in therapy with a psychiatrist, who is secretly working with her husband Frank. Each couple is in for a surprise. Richard and Victoria will have the tables turned on them by one of their lady victims; Claire will finally push Pete too far in their sexual game; and Jen and Frank can’t begin to imagine what their conspiring psychiatrist is up to. Little Deaths are little games that sometimes lead to the big one.

This film is very well made and the acting is wonderful. I can't think of a bad performance in any of the 3 parts to this anthology.   The first story, 'House and Home', was my favorite by far.  This story had the most gore, and was the scariest of the 3 to me.   In this one a couple brings home homeless women, promising them a hot bath and hot meal, but only lure them there to play sick and twisted sexual games with them, against their will.  Their latest victim, a homeless woman named Sorrow, is not as helpless as they might think and she puts an end to their little games. I won't say how she does this, but it came as a complete shock to me and was very scary. 

The second story called, 'Mutant Tool', was just messed up.  It is a crazy story about a mutant  that a scientist is harvesting semen from, because it has psychedelic effects when used as a drug.  Yes, you read that right, and I could not have made that up if I wanted to.   Full of weird and creepy visuals, this story is unfortunately the weakest of the three in my opinion. Sci-fi fans might enjoy this segment the best.

Finally, 'Bitch'is the story of a woman with an intense phobia of dogs.  She is in a very destructive relationship with a man she makes dress up as a dog in order to control him.  I guess this gives her a sense of empowerment that she has control over this "dog".  She is very controlling and demanding and eventually her boyfriend has had enough and gets back at her the best way he knows how.  I can't even describe what he does to her.....you will have to see this one to believe it.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed LITTLE DEATHS.  I liked it much better than I thought I would and would recommend it to anyone who is fan of extreme cinema, as there are quite a few very disturbing scenes.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment