Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Monday, July 5, 2010

This could be the coolest comic book ever! SEA BEAR & GRIZZLY SHARK!!



I am just going to come out and say it. This is the best comic I have read in years! It is simple and to the point. And it is about a killer shark that lives in the woods. And a killer Grizzly bear that lives in the ocean. Do I really need to say any more? I was in love as soon as I saw the cover of this beautiful book staring out at my from my local comic shop shelves. The comic book is calld SEA BEAR & GRIZZLY SHARK! Here is a brief synopsis from the comic's official website:

THEY GOT MIXED UP! Do not go out at night: GRIZZLY SHARK lurks in these woods. There are many dangers of the deep, but none so deadly as SEA BEAR! Thrill to the adventures of these two exciting new characters. Told in two full-length stories written and illustrated by RYAN (INVINCIBLE) OTTLEY and JASON (THE ASTOUNDING WOLF-MAN) HOWARD. Also featuring a special prose origin story written by ROBERT KIRKMAN!

As stated above, the two stories are totally separate from each other...which makes me wonder if we will see a future comic where the Sea Bear and Grizzly Shark go head to head in a crazy mixed up one on one battle! Ryan and Jason, if you are reading this, please make my dream come true and make this happen!!

The first story is SEA BEAR, written and drawn by Jason Howard. The Sea Bear is a force to be reckoned with and not something you would want to come face to face with in the water! The story is good, although it takes sorta a weird science fiction twist towards the end.




The second story is GRIZZLY SHARK written and drawn by Ryan Ottley. This is my favorite of the two stories as the killings are more graphic and gory. There is a great scene where the main characters climb a high cliff looking out over the tree canopy, and they see the shark fin sticking out through the top of the trees. Absurd, silly, and just plain fun.


I honestly haven't enjoyed a comic like this in a long time. I highly suggest you pick up a copy of SEA BEAR & GRIZZLY SHARK today!!!

CLICK HERE to visit the official website of SEA BEAR & GRIZZLY SHARK

No comments:

Post a Comment