Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, October 9, 2009

DVD Review: THE HILLS RUN RED

The other night I had the privilege of watching a great film, THE HILLS RUN RED. This is a direct-to-dvd horror film, but don't let that fool you. The film was very worthy of a theatrical release and should have been shown theatrically to a wide audience. I hope fans of horror will find this film and watch it. This was one of the more enjoyable horror films I have seen in a long time. In fact, I can honestly say it is one of my new favorite horror films!! The plot involves a group of teens obsessed with finding a horror film called "The Hills Run Red" that played only one time in the theater, then was promptly pulled due to its horrific content. The film was lost forever and the director never heard from again. When the lead character Tyler hears about this, he is obsessed with finding a print of the film to see it for himself. He finds the daughter of the director, Wilson Wyler Concannon, and asks for her help in finding a print of the film. She agrees to take him to her father's old house in the woods where the movie was shot. Once there, all hell breaks loose and they figure out that Wilson Wyler Concannon might not be quite done with his film after all. Maybe he is still shooting his "Director's Cut" and Tyler and his friends might have starring roles!! The film is full of good scares, great gore, and is a great horror film for fans of slasher movies.

Click HERE to watch the trailer for THE HILLS RUN RED.

No comments:

Post a Comment