Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, April 20, 2012

DVD Review: DRIVE-IN MASSACRE (1977)


   
DRIVE-IN MASSACRE
Directed by Stu Segall
Distributed by Cheezy Flicks

 They don't make horror movies like this anymore...and that is a good thing!  Ha!  Ok, so DRIVE-IN MASSACRE is not a horrible movie by any means, but by today's standards, it is quite tame for a horror film.  For those not familiar with the film, here is the plot synopsis from the Cheezy Flicks website:

A restless crowd and a cheezy double feature lead to two brutal killings at a drive-in! Detective Koch and O’Leary assemble a mixed cast of suspects that would make even Charlie Chan cringe. Is it the deranged knife-thrower, the foul-mouthed bigot, the projectionist, the janitor or the pathetic voyeur? Cold razor-sharp steel slices through warm flesh and hot blood squirts over the screen as patrons are splattered across the hoods of cars and even dismembered at the concession stand!

 I was expecting a great slasher film, but what was considered horrifying back in 1977 just isn't very scary in today's desensitized world.  There is very little blood in the film, but I imagine back in the 70's , even a little bit of blood on the screen was considered scary.  That being said, the movie was still a lot of fun, especially just in a nostalgic way if nothing else. 

 The acting in the film is actually pretty good, especially the part of Germy  (pronounced Jeremy), the janitor at the drive-in.  The film has some humor in it, like a scene where the two detectives try to lure the drive-in killer by posing as a couple at the drive-in, complete with one of the detectives wearing make up and a wig!

 Ok, so this won't be on any ones top 10 horror movie list....or let's be honest, even any one's top 100 horror movie list, but I have to admit that I still enjoyed this film and will definitely revisit it at some point. 

 You can purchase the DVD over at the Cheezy Flicks store for only $2.99 plush s&h!!  You can't beat that price for a new DVD!!
 
 
CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

1 comment:

  1. I so love coffee and I am glad that you have shared your own inputs about it.
    I really had a great time reading. Visit my site too. Have a good day ahead of you.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete