Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Blu-ray Review: THE DEAD (2010)

  
THE DEAD
Written and Directed by: The Ford Brothers
(Howard J. Ford, Jonathan Ford)
Distributed by:  Anchor Bay Entertainment

Last October, I reviewed a zombie film called, THE DEAD  (see review here),   At that time the film was in a limited theatrical run, but now the film is finally out on DVD an Blu-ray thanks to the fine folks at Anchor Bay Entertainment.  For those not familiar with THE DEAD, here is the basic plot from the film's official website:
 
An American mercenary, the sole survivor of a plane crash, has to run the gauntlet across Africa, battling with the living dead. Joining forces with a local military man, desperately searching for his son amongst the chaos, they fight together to survive, in the first Zombie Road-Movie set against the stunning backdrop of Africa.
 
At the time of my original review, I stated that this was "the perfect zombie film".   After seeing the film on Blu-ray, I stand by that statement and have now put this film in the ranks of the early Romero zombie films.   I can't say enough about this film.  If you have not seen this film, do yourself a favor and do so.   I won't say too much more about it, since you can just read my original review, but if you are going to see just one zombie movie this year, make it this one.   Even with a second viewing of the film,  it still got to me and drew me in.  The zombies are ultra realistic looking and there are lots of them all throughout the film.  

Special features include:

* Filmmaker's Commentary With Howard J. Ford And Jon Ford
* Unearthing THE DEAD:  Behind The Scenes
* Deleted Scenes

THE DEAD was released this week to DVD & Blu-ray so it is available now.  This is one you will want to add to your collection for sure.
 
CLICK HERE to visit the film's official website
CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


1 comment:

  1. F-U-C-K bluray I hope it goes into liquidation very soon I've had enough of this C-U-N-T F-U-C-K format and all the F-U-C-K TARD CUNTS on that bluray.com site are F-U-C-K-I-N-G paedophiles!

    F-U-C-K Bluray you C-U-N-T-S! AVS forum members are ALL C-U-N-T- S!

    ReplyDelete