Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Movie review: END OF THE LINE


I just watched the movie, END OF THE LINE, and I loved it. I'm not sure how, but I had never heard of this movie until a friend of mine loaned it to me to watch (Thanks Sid!). Here is the plot synopsis from IMDB.com:


In this unsettling and creepy thriller, Karen (Ilona Elkin), a young nurse who works in a psychiatric ward, boards the last subway train of the night only to have it stop suddenly in the middle of the tunnel. As those around her are brutally murdered, Karen and a handful of survivors must face supernatural forces, homicidal religious cult members, as well as their own fears and suspicions of Armageddon, in order to survive.


I used to be very skeptical about straight-to-DVD movies...used to there was a reason they didn't get released in the theaters. They just weren't good. But lately I have come to change my mind as I have seen many great films that have gone the straight-to-DVD route. This is definitely one of them. This movie was well acted, very creepy, and VERY bloody. There was some gore effects that were as good as in any other movie I have seen...maybe even better. The Religious Cult is the main part of this movie...they are the killers that the people are running from. Some of the "kill scenes" are very realistic and very affective. One of the tag lines for the film is "Does for subways what JAWS did for the ocean" and that is certainly true. Good thing I don't live in an area where I have to use the subway!


Check out the trailer at the official site HERE.


I highly recommend you check this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment