Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Monday, June 15, 2009

This Weeks Horror DVD Releases: June 16

My computer is back up and running just in time to let you know about this weeks Horror DVD releases...here are the horror related DVD's coming out tomorrow, June 16:

BLACK MAGIC 2: Tokyo Shock/Media Blasters
BORN (2009): Lionsgate
THE CELL 2 (special edition, BD): Warner
FRIDAY THE 13TH (2009; standard R, unrated special edition, BD): Warner
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 (BD): Paramount
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III (BD): Paramount
FRIDAY THE 13TH: THE FINAL CHAPTER Deluxe (new special edition): Paramount
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V: A NEW BEGINNING Deluxe (new special edition): Paramount
FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES Deluxe (new special edition): Paramount
GHOSTBUSTERS (BD): Sony Pictures
HIS NAME WAS JASON (single-disc edition): Anchor Bay
HYDRA (R & unrated discs): First Look
I'LL BE THERE WITH YOU: Celebrity
KILLING ARIEL (special edition): MTI
THE LAST GATEWAY: Alebrije
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD and Other Stories (special edition): Malaprop Prods.
NOBODY: Osiris
PLATOON OF THE DEAD (special edition): Tempe
STAGKNIGHT (special edition): Osiris
TERROR AT BLOOD FART LAKE (special edition): SRS Cinema

Ok...this week is an easy choice...Definitely pick up FRIDAY THE 13TH (2009 remake). If you didn't catch it in the theater (shame on you) you missed a great flick. They did a great job with this remake and Derek Mears did a great job with the character of Jason Voorhees. Check out the trailer and some clips HERE courtesy of IMDB.com. Also, take note that FRIDAY THE 13TH parts 4, 5, and 6 are also being re-released tomorrow in new special edition formats (just like they did with parts 1, 2, and 3 earlier in the year). And finally, if you didn't already get it when it was released earlier this year as a 2-disc edition, you need to pick up HIS NAME WAS JASON , (released tomorrow as a single disc version) it is a great documentary on the FRIDAY THE 13TH series with interviews with almost everyone involved with the FRIDAY THE 13TH films.

Also...notice the last DVD release on the list...TERROR AT BLOOD FART LAKE....the title made me look into it and I found a "trailer" on Youtube. Notice I put "trailer" in quotations because the trailer is more of a music video featuring what I assume is characters from the movie. Anyway....if you wanna see the trailer, do so at your own risk. It is HORRIBLE!! I'm not even making a link to it. If you wanna see it, go look it up, but I promise you will want that 3 minutes of your life back.

Until next time, Stay Scared!!

No comments:

Post a Comment