Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Remembering Michael Jackson and the amazing THRILLER video and album


With the stunning news that the "King of Pop" Michael Jackson died yesterday, June 25th, at the age of 50, it got me remembering my favorite song and video from when I was a kid.....Michael Jackson's THRILLER! The 1982 album spawned 7 top ten hits and was certified 28x Platinum. It is, by far, the best selling album of all time. So why is this on a horror blog...because of one reason. The video to the hit song "Thriller". More of a mini-movie than a music video, it was a wonderful short film that featured a voice over by legendary horror film star Vincent Price, a scene of Michael turning into a werewolf inspired by AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON and a street full of synchronized dancing zombies!! In fact, the music video was directed by John Landis, who also directed AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON! As I look back on it now, I think this is one of my earliest memories of seeing a zombie. The video came out in 1983 when I was only 7 years old. In fact, I think it might be safe to say that Michael Jackson is what inspired my love of horror films, especially zombie movies! Thanks Jacko! You will be missed!


To watch the complete 13+ minute THRILLER video, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment