Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Blu-ray Review: TROMA'S WAR (1988)


http://www.troma.com/films/tromas-war/TROMA'S WAR
Directed by  , & 
Distributed by Troma Entertainment

  I can't tell you how much I love Troma films.....they are just so goofy and wild. They are impossible not to like.   TROMA'S WAR is one of Troma's films that I had never seen before, and I can't believe I went this long without seeing it.  While I love most all of Troma's films, this one catapulted to the top of my favorite's list for sure!   Here is a brief synopsis of the film courtesy of the Troma website:

  TROMA’S WAR is Troma’s masterpiece. Directed by Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz, TROMA’S WAR is packed with gargantuan battle scenes, heart stopping stunts, and never-before-seen special effects. TROMA’S WAR is the action film that all good citizens of the world can be proud of and enjoy! TROMA’S WAR is Troma’s answer to PLATOON and APOCALYPSE NOW. It is the first war picture that combines satire, sex, special effects make-up, stunts, gore and a beautiful love story.
   A small group of typical Tromaville citizens find themselves in the path of a terrorist army controlled by the power elite. The freedom of Tromaville and the world is at stake! TROMA’S WAR creates new kinds of heroes. A used car salesman, a handsome environmentalist, an obese junk-food gourmand, a seventy-year-old housewife, some sensational young women, a year old jingoistic baby and more sensational women all become deadly soldiers in the most unusual and explosive, action-packed combat film ever produced by the Troma Team.


  To me, this is Troma's true masterpiece. While the Toxic Avenger films might be more popular, TROMA'S WAR is probably the best made Troma film I have seen.  You can tell the budget was high on this film.  The acting is good, although some of it is very campy which is very typical of most all Troma films.   There are a lot of characters in this film, all of which are fun to watch in their own unique ways.  Aside from the silliness of the film, it is actually quite action packed with lots of gun play and tons of explosions!

  This is one I will definitely be revisiting soon.  If you are a fan of Troma films, this one is a must have in your collection.

  TROMA'S WAR is available now on Blu-ray which contains the following special features:

*  Director's commentary
*  London's War
*  Post war reflections
*  Kill-O-Meter
*  2 minutes with Rof
*  Veteran's Day: a post-tromatic reunion
*  Original theatrical trailer
*  Troma trailers


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer 
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.troma.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment