Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

DVD Review: INTRUDERS (2015)

 

INTRUDERS
Directed by
Distributed by Momentum Pictures / EntertainmentOne

  I can't tell you how much I love when I come across a movie that I know nothing about that I end up absolutely loving!   INTRUDERS is one of those films, for sure.  I knew absolutely nothing about this film when it arrived for review.   I had never seen the cover, never even heard of it before.  Because of this, I honestly wasn't expecting much out of this film.   I reluctantly put it in to watch, thinking it would be another typical home invasion film, and have to write a mediocre review for it.  I expected a cheap knockoff of THE STRANGERS, YOU'RE NEXT, or some similar films.  Instead, what I got was an extremely suspenseful, intriguing, edge of your seat thriller that is easily one of the most entertaining films I have seen in a long time.
  Before I go any further, here is the basic plot from the film's imdb page: 

  Anna suffers from agoraphobia so crippling that when a trio of criminals break into her house, she cannot bring herself to flee. But what the intruders don't realize is that agoraphobia is not her only problem.

  Ok, a pretty simple plot, but the film itself is not so simple.  What starts off as a typical home invasion film turns into something no one sees coming.  In fact, for full enjoyment of the film, I would suggest not watching the trailer as it does give some things away in the film.  

  Agoraphobia is a real condition, and one I can't really wrap my head around.  The fact that the main character could not even leave her house when it was being invaded is startling to me, and makes the film that much more suspenseful.   As the plot states, that is just one of the conditions she suffers from.  The other is  a deep seeded hatred for those that do wrong to people, sparked by her father molesting her as a young girl.  I don't want to say too much as to not give anything away, but she has rigged her house in such a way that allows her to take revenge on the intruders in a way you could never imagine.   What starts as 3 intruders controlling Anna turns into Anna being in control and playing a cat and mouse game with the intruders.

  Again, I really hate to say too much about this one, as I don't want to spoil anything.  Do yourself a favor and snag a copy of INTRUDERS asap.  This is must have for any horror fan and one that I will definitely be revisiting soon!

  INTRUDERS is available now on DVD and contains the following special features:

*  Behind-the-scenes Featurette
*  Audio Commentary:  Cast & Crew


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD



http://www.momentumpictures.net/









1 comment: