Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Blu-ray Review: VIOLENT SHIT: THE MOVIE (2015)


http://www.reelgorereleasing.com/store/violent-shit-the-movie/VIOLENT SHIT:  THE MOVIE
Directed by 
Distributed by Reelgore Releasing / CAV Distribution

  I have always heard about the 1989 film called VIOLENT SHIT, but I had never had the chance to watch it.  I was very intrigued when I heard about this new remake.    Not only was I excited about the remake itself, but I was excited it was from a new film label called Reelgore Releasing.  If this first release is any indication, we are in store for some good things from Reelgore Releasing in the coming months!   Here is the basic plot of the film from the Reelgore Releasing website:

  Rome is shattered by a series of gruesome murders that paint the Eternal City deep red. Italian Police Inspector Aristide D’Amato and his German counterpart Hans Ebert initiate their criminal investigations. They stumble upon the eccentric Professor Vassago - a master of myths and mysteries - who is linked to Senator Vinci - a corrupt politician – mutually driven by power and perversions.
  The suspicion grows that these atrocious crimes are connected with the return of one of the most heinous serial killers of our time – Karl the Butcher!

 Now, I have to be honest, that plot sounds pretty simple...but when you are watching this film it can actually be sort of confusing at times.  There are also quite a few slow spots, heavy in dialog that seem to go on a bit too long.  But...after that, we are rewarded with some crazy violence and gore, which is what most people watching this film are looking for I would expect.  Some of the gore is excellent, with some scenes actually making me cringe.
 
  For me, the best part of this whole thing isn't the movie itself, but the packaging.  This is an amazing limited edition 3 disc set that contains a DVD of the film, a Blu-ray of the film, and a CD of the soundtrack.   You also get a nice booklet filled with info about the film and stills from the film.

  VIOLENT SHIT:  THE MOVIE is available now from Reelgore Releasing and CAV, and contains the followings special features:

*  MAKING OF THE MOVIE by Director LUIGI PASTORE
*  THE HISTORY OF VIOLENT SHIT – Interview with Producer STEVE AQUILINA
*  TRIBUTE TO LILLI CARATI – The Last Interview
*  INTERVIEWS with members of the cast – VINCENZO PEZZOPANE, MICHELA FORESTA, DANIELA CICCONE, ERIKA KAMESE
*  WORLD OF STARS - INTERVIEWS with members of the cast– GIOVANNI LOMBARDO RADICE, ANTONIO ZEQUILA - & Producer STEVE AQUILINA and Director LUIGI PASTORE
*  TRAILERS & SLIDESHOW


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray/DVD/CD combo pack


http://www.cavd.com/
 


http://www.reelgorereleasing.com/













No comments:

Post a Comment