Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Blu-ray Review: FRANCESCA (2015)


http://mvdshop.com/products/francesca-blu-ray-dvd-cd-blu-rayFRANCESCA
Directed by 
Distributed by Unearthed Films / MVD Entertainment Group

 Giallo film fans will want to do themselves a favor and pick up a copy of Luciano Onetti's FRANCESCA asap!   I knew nothing about this film going into it and was amazed I have not heard more about it.   Here is the basic plot of the film from the MVD website:

  It's been 15 years since the disappearance of little Francesca, daughter of the renowned poet and playwright, Vittorio Visconti. The community is stalked by a psychopath bent on cleaning the city of "impure and damned souls". Moretti and Succo are the detectives in charge of finding the killer of these "Dantesque" crimes. Francesca has returned, but she is not be the same girl they once knew.

 The first thing that really impressed me with this film was the overall look of it.  Although just made a couple of years ago, it has the exact look and feel of an original Giallo film from the 70's.   In fact, I actually had to look up the film on imdb.com to see if this film was a re-issue of an old film or if it was a new film.  I thought it was a new film, but as I watched I started to question that.   Very well done by the filmmakers. 

  Another thing I noticed was the color of the film, very vibrant in some scenes and reminiscent of Dario Argento's work.  The film also has some very good camera work, includind some impressive shots and camera angles.  There is also some very creepy imagery in this film, which is always a plus in my book.  

  The film is a bit slow moving at times, I have to admit, but honestly I find most Giallo films are like this at some point.  There are a few good kills, and a little blood, but gorehounds need to know that this is not a slasher/splatter flick by any means.  It is a much more art house type of horror film, an intelligent horror film that honestly you don't see too much these days.

  This was a very impressive film to me.  I highly recommend it for anyone that is a fan of the Giallo subgenre.

  FRANCESCA is available now from Unearthed Films and MVD Entertainment.  It was released as an impressive Blu-ray/DVD/CD Limited Collector's Edition combo pack and contains the following special features:

*  Behind the Scenes Featurette
*  Deleted Scenes
*  Interview with Lucianno and Nicolas Onetti
*  Unearthed Trailer Reel


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray/DVD/CD combo pack



http://www.unearthedfilms.com/

https://mvdb2b.com/?site_id=mvdv&date=








No comments:

Post a Comment