Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Blu-ray Review: SWEET MEATS (2025)



Written & Directed by:  Ricky Glore
Distributed by:  Troma Films  / MVD Entertainment

 If you are a fan of Troma films, you basically know what kind of film you are getting into.  SWEET MEATS  is no different and fits perfectly in the Troma films library.   More of a dark comedy than a horror film, it's a fun film that is worth a watch for sure!   Here is the basic plot synopsis from the MVD website:

Bobby Sweet is a country music legend and has been the world-renowned face of 'Sweet Meats' since establishing his first restaurant with his wife. Sometimes a 'secret ingredient' should stay that way.

 If you are looking for a scary horror film, this is not the film for you.  It's not scary at all, but it's not supposed to be.  As I mentioned before, this a horror-comedy, with more of an emphasis on the comedy.  Horror comedy films are tough to make in my opinion.   It's hard to mix totally opposite genres like that and make it work.   I am pleased to say that the people behind SWEET MEATS made it work!    This movie is actually really funny.   It tells the story of a simple man named Bobby that just wants to be a country music star, but gets caught up running a restaurant with his controlling girlfriend.  

  His girlfriend has a plan to make their burgers different than other restaurants using a special kind of meat.   I'm sure you can guess what kind of meat that is!   While the basic premise is not original, the execution of the concept is for sure.    As stated before, Bobby wants to be a country music star, so we are gifted with music performances throughout the film.  They all tell a story, basically about what is happening at that point in the film.  The songs are really funny and some are actually really catchy!  

  Something else that I need to point out about this film is the acting.  In addition to writer, director, and lead actor Ricky Glore doing such a great job, all the actors in this film were really good.   Low budget films,  especially horror-comedy films,  can be ruined by bad acting.  That was not the case here.   Kudos to the entire cast, but especially to the other two leads, Timmy Barron as Bobby's best friend Jerry, and to Eileen Earnest who plays Bobby's girlfriend, Laddie.   These were all very good comedic actors and had great performances. 

  SWEET MEATS is a fun film that I highly recommend checking out! 

SWEET MEATS is available for pre-order now, with a release date set for September 8, 2026.  The Blu-ray contains the following special features:

  • *  New Commentary Track
  • *  'The Grind' - The Making of Sweet Meats
  • *  Evolution of a Song: Writing the Music of Sweet Meats
  • *  Cast and Crew Feature-Length Interview
  • *  Tromatic Extras

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer 

CLICK HERE to pre-order the Blu-ray




















No comments:

Post a Comment