Written & Directed by: Jack Bayless
Distributed by: MVD Entertainment
I have a feeling today's film for review is one you have never seen or heard of! I had no clue what this movie was when it arrived in my mailbox for review, but the title was interesting and the cover art was top notch!
The film is a very low budget horror comedy called, MY ONLY FRIEND'S A CORPSE. I figured with a title like that, I had to give it a spin! I'm glad I did, because this was a fun one, for sure!
Here is the plot synopsis from the MVD website:
My Only Friend's A Corpse is a DIY horror-comedy from writer-director Jack Bayless that sends an unlikely pair on a grotesque road trip through the supernatural underbelly of the Midwest. Danny, a punk runaway with nowhere to go, discovers a sentient, badly decaying corpse behind a dumpster. Instead of fleeing, he strikes up an improbable friendship with the undead stranger, who soon reveals an ambitious mission: humanity can only be saved by killing God.
Danny joins the corpse on his quest, and the two set out across the Midwest through a world populated by monsters, demons, angels and other supernatural horrors. What begins as a bizarre adventure grows progressively more violent as Danny is drawn deeper into his companion's apocalyptic plan. With each encounter, the distinction between salvation and destruction becomes harder to recognize, while the friendship between the two remains at the darkly comic center of the story.
Keep in mind this is very low budget film, so don't go into it expecting a masterpiece of cinema. What is lacks in polish, it makes up for with charm. I feel like you could tell this was a film made by someone that truly loves the horror genre.
One thing I really liked about this film was that the comedy was not over the top. It was definitely more of a horror film that comedy, but there were quite a few funny instances along the way, mainly in the dialog between Danny and the corpse. It's a buddy movie as they travel across the country and come across all sorts of strange beings on the way to their final goal.
The make up and effects were also really good for the most part, and it was nice to see all the make up and practical effects. Some of the monsters they encounter along the way are really terrifying, especially the one they meet at the house where "God" is.
The final scene where Danny and the corpse battle "God" was quite hilarious, and not at all what I expected to happen.
This was a quick film clocking in at only 70 minutes. It was well paced and a lot a fun. I would definitely recommend this one!
MY ONLY FRIEND'S A CORPSE is available now on DVD and Blu-ray and contains the following Special Features:
* Audio Commentary from Director Jack Bayless
* Interview with Cast & Crew Featurette
* Trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the BLU-RAY



![[OneLovelyBlog.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjDJDtv7QcHu7FaSMaOEayqMk83gQpGr9YyHBZ4t5JqiBCFeqgmWhsEAu3-SLdgWXjMnrkA-TFzw_O5NZ0DWjoMjtFmiieCVYj5qLToGRKn4Gs_84rfzHjWeahDKZujY1Hxq021gBb5b0U/s1600/OneLovelyBlog.jpg)
![[kreativeblog.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjcjlvGfxS1hJVYGO7zw3YGExLj0yW6nD7g9Qwc4r_ty3FNC66A8Sg4ts7uibSU8aPRZ8a9K6h73BEARRsuYqa7WloF1cfIOYeedLVR0LNNP2y-cPxdMB6S1JnIh1IZHx6uIOUvZ1fcG0pR/s1600/kreativeblog.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment