Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Monday, October 5, 2026

Blu-Ray Review: MODELS VS. WEREWOLVES (2026)

 
MODELS VS. WEREWOLVES
Directed by:  Danny Draven
Distributed by:  Full Moon Features

  Full Moon Features has been a staple of my love of horror movies for so many years.  I remember being blown away with the first PUPPET MASTER in 1989.   Full Moon has been entertaining us for over 30 years, and they continue to entertain new audiences every year.   

  One of their newest features is MODELS VS. WEREWOLVES which premieres on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 13th.   I had the privilege of screening this film earlier this year at Texas Frightmare Weekend and it was a crowd favorite for sure!  

 I was interested to see what a 2nd viewing at home did for me, and I was not disappointed.  In fact, I think I actually enjoyed it the 2nd time around even more.  I definitely picked up on some things I missed upon my first viewing.   One such things was the opening credits.  The actresses are introduced by billboard and print ads.  Pay attention to what they are advertising and some of the wording that is on their posters for a good laugh.  

  I think with a title like MODELS VS. WEREWOLVES you know what to expect going in to the film.  You are not getting a serious horror movie here.  You are getting a horror comedy that balances both genres perfectly.    There is tons of blood and gore in this film, but it's balanced with some hilarious characters and dialog.    There were quite a few laugh out loud moments in between the Werewolves tearing the Models apart.  

 Speaking of tearing the Models apart, my only real issue the first time I saw this film was the CG blood splatter.   I would have liked to have seen more practical effects.  I will say, though, that knowing about the CG blood going into this viewing, it was a less of a distraction for me and didn't bother me nearly as much the first time.  Plus, there is quite a bit of practical effects as well to go along with the CG.  They actually balance it and intertwine it very well.  

  Overall, MODELS VS. WEREWOLVES is an extremely fun film.   It's pretty low budget, and from listening to the commentary track I learned it was shot in 5 days!   Pretty impressive!  One thing that can completely ruin a low budget film like this is the acting, but I am happy to report that the acting was excellent.  All the Models did an amazing job, and looked like they had as much fun making the film as it was to watch it!

  Oh, I guess I can't finish my review without mentioning the small role played by legendary actress Dee Wallace.  She had a great part and has a hilarious scene where she gets in a fist fight with a werewolf!  It's something everyone should see!  

  MODELS VS. WEREWOLVES will be released October 13th on DVD and Blu-Ray and contain the following Special Features:


  • *  DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY
  • *  ORIGINAL TRAILER
  • *  BEHIND THE SCENES
  • *  CHARLES BAND CAST SCREENING INTRO


Check out the trailer for MODELS VS. WEREWOLVES:







CLICK HERE to pre-order the Blu-Ray from MVD 

CLICK HERE to pre-order the DVD from MVD






















No comments:

Post a Comment