Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DVD Review: KILLER BIKER CHICKS (2009)

KILLER BIKER CHICKS was both written and directed by Regan Redding and is distributed by R Squared Films. This is not a true Horror movie, although it does contain some very horrific scenes. This film is a throwback to the great exploitation flicks of the 60's and 70's. The film feels like it would be right at home in a dark theater on New York's 42nd street. Here is the basic plot synopsis from the R2 website:

In the heat of the Nevada desert, in the middle of nowhere, exists a hidden world of violence, corruption, sex, drugs and rock & roll. The only thing hotter than the sun bleaching the landscape is the handful of ruthless biker chicks that rule it. When a band of musicians run into car trouble, they discover help in the shapely form of biker queen Mother (Rose Gorlano) and her girls at a lone gas station. But salvation is only an illusion as the boys and several other weary travelers find themselves caught in the crossfire between a rival biker gang, corrupt cops, drug deals gone bad and the meanest Killer Biker Chicks ever to ride the roads.

As I mentioned , the film is not a true Horror film, but does contain some scenes that would be right at home in any Horror flick. In fact, the opening scene shows the gang of girls as they torment a man that obviously did them wrong in some way. They have him tied up to some posts out in the middle of the desert, and eventually end up burning him alive. As we see his hands still tied up, but all the flesh gone revealing skeletal remains of his hands, I knew I was in for a real treat with this film. The rest of the film didn't disappoint, but did get a bit confusing to me when it went a different route and started with a segment that was mainly comedy, merely playing for some laughs. I didn't feel it was necessary and to me disrupted the gritty and violent tone of the film up to that point. But don't worry, the film gets back on track and finishes with a bang! Overall this was a fun film and any fan of exploitation films should give this one a chance.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer for KILLER BIKER CHICKS
CLICK HERE to purchase a DVD of the film



CLICK HERE to visit the official website of RSquared Films

2 comments:

  1. In the near future, this film will be available for download from www.digitalgrindhouseentertainment.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I have a soft spot for exploitation and grindhouse stuff, but even this one doesn't catch my eye and thankfully I missed it.

    ReplyDelete