Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I finally got a chance to see the A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET remake tonight....

From reading some reviews and blogs, a lot of people are coming away disappointed in the new A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET film. I am not one of those people. I am actually coming away pleasantly surprised at just how good this film is. I LOVE the original film, so wasn't expecting too much out of this "re-imaging", which was probably a good thing. My expectations were low, and my satisfaction after seeing the film was very high. As everyone knows by now, Jackie Earle Haley is the man in the striped sweater this go around, taking over the Freddy reigns from the original Freddy, Robert Englund. Jackie does a great job as Freddy, and really brings a fresh take to the character. Jackie plays Freddy with a much darker, serious vibe than Englund did, but don't worry, the new Freddy still has his famous one liners for you to enjoy. Except now when he says them, it is more creepy and sinister than just silly like the original Freddy.
Overall I loved this film and hope you will give it a chance if you haven't seen it yet. For those that have seen it already, please comment and tell us what you thought of the film!

5 comments:

  1. I definitely had fun with it, and can't understand why the negativity is so strong. Sure, it's nothing amazing, and probably wasn't necessary, but it was a cool movie. I like what they did with the story, and it was far better than F13 remake disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie...though not because I thought it was good. We at the Farm love a good belly laugh, and this movie provided me with many. I can understand why people liked it -- it returned Freddy to his darker roots -- but I thought the acting (other than Haley) was pretty atrocious...therefore, I loved it!
    -Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, it was just completely lifeless. Terrible character development and even more terrible dialogue. There was no genuine tension or buildup and everything was so predictable. It had absolutely no originality or heart. Boring, souless and lifeless. Can you tell I didn't like it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad to see this movie has polarized people, some love it some hate it, which means theirs a 50/50 chance Ill love it. Ill get to see it next week, I actually cant wait. Ive read both kinds of reviews, so Im in the middle ground, Im giving the movie the benefit of the doubt...lets see if it lives up to the NOES legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good discussion here! Film connoisseur--when you go to watch it, try not to compare it to the original and just watch it as a movie on it's own. Is it better than the original, of course not...therefore my reasoning not to compare the two. But is was a fun movie that was tons better than most of the PG-13 crap they pass off as Horror movies these days!!

    ReplyDelete