Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Movie Review: DRAG ME TO HELL



A few posts back I mentioned this film and how I was a little nervous about it, due to it being a PG-13 rated horror film. I stated that there were no good Pg-13 horror films and that I had pretty much given up on them. Well, I just got back from the theater seeing Sam Raimi's DRAG ME TO HELL, and I am now a changed man. There can be good PG-13 horror films...they just have to be made by the right people. In fact, there can be great PG-13 horror films as I witnessed tonight.


Sam Raimi did it. He made a truly scary, suspenseful, downright good horror film. This was his first horror film since the remarkable Evil Dead Trilogy. There were a lot of Evil Dead type things in this film.....mainly the sounds (in fact, the voice of one of the possessed in this film sounded just like the possessed voices from Evil Dead 2). While not as gory as the Evil Dead films, there was still a good amount of gore and just general grossness...more so than I expected from a non Rated R film. Almost everything about this film was perfect...there was even some genuinely true "jump" scares that I can usually see coming, but didn't in this film. Also...the perfect ending. Just when you think the movie is over, Raimi has one more trick up his sleeve. I don't ever remember having the urge to clap at the end of a movie...but this one I did. I was excited. I was thankful that Raimi's movie didn't just not disappoint, but actually went far beyond my expectations.


Drag yourself to the theaters and go see DRAG ME TO HELL as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment