Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Blu-ray Review: THE WALKIND DEAD: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON

  
THE WALKING DEAD:  THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON
Distributed by:  Anchor Bay Entertainment

 Most anyone reading this blog should know about THE WALKING DEAD.  Weather you read the comic books or not, most all horror fans have found this show and all shout it's praise.  I rank it as one of the greatest shows  in television history.   It is not just a show about zombies, the zombie outbreak is merely the setting for the show.  The heart of this show is the characters and their interactions with each other.   
 The first season of THE WALKING DEAD was great, and I wasn't sure how that could be topped, but the 2nd season of THE WALKING DEAD far exceeded my expectations and blew me away.  Anchor Bay has released THE WALKING DEAD:  THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON on DVD and Blu-ray now, so if you missed any episode, you can go back and check them out, or even if you didn't miss any, you can go back and re-watch any of your favorites.
  The second season has Rick and the crew holding up at Herschel's farm house  and the first part of the season has them searching for Sophia who got away from the group in a beginning episode.  I don't think anyone can forget the episode where Sophia is finally found.  I certainly didn't see it coming, and it really effected me, more so than I can ever remember a television show having an effect on me.

 Season 3 of THE WALKING DEAD starts in just a couple of weeks   (Oct. 14th to be exact), so now is a great time to pick up the DVD or Blu-ray of Season 2 and revisit it if you have forgotten what all happened last season.  Both the DVD and Blu-ray are full of awesome Bonus Features.  In fact, even if you don't care about watching any of the episodes again, you will want to get this DVD / Blu-ray collection solely for the Bonus Features.  They include the following:

*  10 Featurettes including:  All The Guts Inside - Live Or Let Die - The Meat Of The Music - Fire On Set - The Ink Is Alive -The Sound Of The Effects - In The Dead Winter - You Could Make A Killing -She Will Fight -The Cast On Season 2 - Extras Wardrobe
* 6 Webisodes
* Audio Commentaries on Episodes 1, 7, 8, 11, and 13
* Deleted Scenes:  What Lies Ahead - Save The Last One - Secrets - Pretty Much Dead Already - Nebraska - Judge, Jury, Executioner - Better Angels - Beside The Dying Fire

  
CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to purchase the special edition Blu-ray (comes in a limited edition Zombie Statue created by McFarlane Toys and designed by Greg Nicotero!)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment