Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blu-ray Review: ZOMBIE HUNTER (2013)

 
ZOMBIE HUNTER
Directed by: 
Distributed by:  Well Go USA Entertainment

  I love a good zombie movie, and I love most any film with Danny Trejo in it, so the latest zombie film from Well Go USA seemed like a perfect match!  The film is ZOMBIE HUNTER and while it wasn't quite as good as I hoped, it was still a very fun film and worth a watch. If nothing else, for the crazy gore in a couple of scenes.  If you're not familiar with the film, here is the plot from the Well Go USA website:

When a street drug turns junkies into an army of giant, mutant flesh-eaters, no hope is left - but one man remains. Hunter's got nothing left but a beat-up Camero, a trunk full of guns and booze, and a vendetta.
He crashes into a small group of survivors, led by an ax-wielding priest named Jesus (Danny Trejo). They're searching for the promised land - but does it even exist? They better pray for a miracle, because the zombies are hot on their heels. And the psychotic clown with a chainsaw? You don't even wanna know.

  Ha, ok...the crazy clown part was probably my favorite part of the movie.  He was creepy as hell and does some crazy damage with that chainsaw!  Overall I really liked this film. It is very stylish and shot is a very cool, unique way. It reminds me of a music video at times.

  This film has tons of gore, which normally would always be a good thing. The only problem is that all of the gore is CG.  There are no practical effects in this film.  There are tons of beheadings, chopped off limbs, etc....but it is all computer animation.  Some of it looks ok, but most of it looks like the cheesy CG it is.   That is one thing that really bothered me.  If it weren't for that, this would have been a much better film.  I know it is cheaper and easier than practical effects, but CG will never look as good as the real thing. 

  The only other issue I had with this release is that there are no special features.  I have really come to love the "making of" type documentaries that accompany most DVD's and Blu-rays these days.  It is weird to have a bare bones Blu-ray release like this.   Ok, so that's all my gripes with this film, other than that I enjoyed the film and recommend you check it out.

  Director K. King has no other credits on his imdb page other than ZOMBIE HUNTER, so that is pretty impressive that he started his career with this film.  I expect big things out of Mr. King in the future!


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, I think I might check it out but that CGI gore turns me right off from seen it as well! But Danny Trejo's awesome so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth a watch for sure. But it kills me think about how much better it would have been with some practical effects.

    ReplyDelete