Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Book Review: VOYEUR DEAD by Alan Gandy

I recently read the great Zombie book, VOYEUR DEAD by Alan Gandy. Here is the books basic plot from the official website:

Witness the end of the world though the eyes of a voyeur in this photographic journal of a predator finding himself face to camera with the walking dead. Now predator is prey. The voyeur must look to his victims for salvation.

This is a very interesting and fun book. It is a story told through a series of photos and narrative. Our main "hero", or really "anti-hero" is a man who is turned on by watching women when they don't know they are being watched. He sets his sights on a girl name Clair and does everything he can think of to get photos and videos of her. He finds out she is a "dancer" at an adult club and sneaks in a video camera to record some footage of Clair. The footage he gets on his camera, though, is nothing what he was expecting.
He hears a struggle at the entrance door and sees the bouncers fighting with real life Zombies! The hunt is on as the Zombies fill the club as our "hero" tries to escape.

This book is very different than most any other zombie book I have ever read...mainly because, in this book, the main "hero" character is not a likable person at all. Instead, he is down right detestable. He is not above elbowing a woman in her face to knock her down in order to turn her into a nice meal for a Zombie, as long as it will buy him some time! Normally we would never be pulling for a sexual predator to come out on top, but I guess when it's a sexual predator or a Zombie, you always gotta go with the guy that's still alive.

The book is a very easy read and is lots of fun. Not only will you read about what the main character is seeing, but you will actually see it through the series of black and white photos that are throughout the book.

My only problem with this book is it's abrupt ending......it left me wanting more, which hopefully is exactly what was intended. It sets itself up nicely for a 2nd book, which I hope is in the works!

I highly recommend this book to any fans of the Zombie genre.

CLICK HERE to purchase VOYEUR DEAD from Amazon.com
CLICK HERE to visit the official VOYEUR DEAD website

2 comments:

  1. Very nice review on a great story! I love how original the concept is! Thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you an award on DBH!
    http://dollarbinhorror.blogspot.com/2010/08/happy-101-award.html

    ReplyDelete