Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Would you see this movie? MOBY DICK: 2010

I just ran across this while browsing one of the best genre sites around, Quietearth.us. The film is MOBY DICK: 2010, and the JAWS inspired movie poster makes me laugh. I have a felling the movie will make me laugh as well, even though it will be unintentional I'm sure.
Here is the basic plot synopsis:

A modern adaptation of the classic novel of the captain of a high tech submarine and his obsessive quest to destroy the enormous prehistoric whale that maimed him.

So there ya go. So what do you think? Will see this movie?
Will this be one of those "so bad, it's good" type films or just one of those "so bad, it's really bad" type film?

6 comments:

  1. Oh good God! Let's just give the whale a cell phone and give him a boatload of teens on Ecstacy and call it a complete and total modern day abomination. No thanks! I'm so glad you found this one, buddy, cause I needed a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see it, yeah. I'll make a double-bill of that and '30,000 Leagues Under the Sea' on the site. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so seeing this. I'm bringing it over for Bad Movie Night the next time we have Ocean night. It'll probably suck but if the sequels it will no doubt produce are anything like Shark Attack 3: Megalodon, it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about this - I've fallen foul of the 'that's an awesome title so the film will at least be funny' too many times. That said, yes I will probably see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's got Renee O' Connor, so that would be enough to sit me down in front of the TV. And I always thought Moby Dick could use a new film adaptation ... though this wouldn't be what I'd wish for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so bad it's awfull. I'm caughing up blood after seeing it. My ears are oozing puss- and my eyes are twitching.

    ReplyDelete