Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

DVD Review: TERROR OVERLOAD: TALES FROM SATAN'S TRUCK STOP (2009)

Last night I had the chance to check out the film, TERRROR OVERLOAD: TALES FROM SATAN'S TRUCK STOP from Not For The Squeamish Productions (otherwise known as NFTS Productions). I had never even heard of this film, so to be honest, I wasn't expecting much at all. I assumed it was going to be like most low budget, independant Horror films and just be ok at best, and then soon forgotten. What I have found is a lost gem among the Horror DVD's that have been released recently. Here is the basic plot from the film's official site:

In the wrap around story called "Devil Driver", a creepy truck driver spins a trilogy of terrifying tales to a hot stranded hitchhiker that include "Dinner Date", "Lot Lizard" and "Mongo Chupa"! She has no idea what this ride has in store for her! Genre fans that love their ultra-low-budget horror flicks loaded with over the top blood, boobs, creatures, sleaze and sex will not be disappointed with Terror Overload!

This is a film you can tell is by people that love Horror films. It is made with the Horror fan in mind and gives you everything you could want out of a Horror movie. It is low budget and some of the effects show that, but some are done as well as any big budget Horror film. Of the 4 stories listed in the synopsis above, I found the weakest to probably be "Mongo Chupa", a story of a killer Chupacabra/human hybrid run amuck! That being said, the story was still highly entertaining. The film is full of humor, both dark and silly, and makes the movie even that more fun.
The story of "Lot Lizard" was truly disturbing and features a scene that is guaranteed to make every man squirm!! "Dinner Date", the first story, was fun and the gore effects in this short story were truly amazing.
This is a film I would recommend to any fan of the Horror genre. Out of the 4 stories, there is definitely something for everyone in this film. This film is an instant cult classic, and is one of the most fun films I have watched in a long time. I hope this film is discovered by more Horror fans.

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to visit the official website of NFTS Productions
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

1 comment:

  1. I live in the same city the people that made that movie live in...and I had a chance to see it at the theatre for a special screening last year but I couldn't make it. I was so upset...now I'm even more upset.

    I'm looking forward to their next film...Strip Club Slasher.

    ReplyDelete