Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

GRINDHOUSE finally getting a proper DVD release!! Well...Blu-ray to be exact....

Fans of Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez will be happy to know that their collabaertive Horror/Exploitation film, GRINDHOUSE, is finally getting a proper release! For those that don't remember, this was a great "double feature" film that was released in 2007 and was made up of two feature films played back to back with fake trailers played between the films, made to re-create the feeling of the old 42nd Street grindhouse double features from back in the 70's.
When the film came out on DVD, it was sold as the 2 films split up, each on it's own single disk. That is now about to change, as coming out in October is the complete GRINDHOUSE movie the way it was meant to be seen, including all the fake trailers that were left off of the previous DVD releases.
The two pics to the right are the actual Blu-ray cover art and the slip case the Blu-ray will come in.
I am super excited about this...the film didn't do so well at the box office, but those of us that did go were rewarded with an awesome theater experience that you just don't get these days!
This Blu-ray will be released on October 5th.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, hell. I think I'm finally gonna have to break down and upgrade to Blu Ray! *shakes fist at Tarantino & Rodriguez*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...unfortunately it looks like I'm gonna have to do the dreaded double-dip on this one.

    --J/Metro

    ReplyDelete