Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Check out the eerie trailer for DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK

My friend Caleb showed me the eerie trailer for the film DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK today, so I thought I would pass this along to all of you, in case some of you haven't seen it yet. The film is produced and co-written by Guillermo del Toro (HELLBOY, PAN'S LABYRINTH), and directed by Troy Nixey. It is a remake of a 1973 film by the same name. Here is the basic plot synopsis from Quietearth.com:

Sally Hurst (Bailee Madison), a lonely, withdrawn child, has just arrived in Rhode Island to live with her father Alex (Guy Pearce) and his new girlfriend Kim (Katie Holmes) at the 19th-century mansion they are restoring. While exploring the sprawling estate, the young girl discovers a hidden basement, undisturbed since the strange disappearance of the mansion’s builder a century ago. When Sally unwittingly lets loose a race of ancient, dark-dwelling creatures who conspire to drag her down into the mysterious house’s bottomless depths, she must convince Alex and Kim that it’s not a fantasy—before the evil lurking in the dark consumes them all.

Sounds pretty intriguing, and the trailer looks pretty spooky! What do you think? Will you be seeing this film based on this trailer?

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer courtesy of Myspace Video.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that movie needed a remake because it just wasn't that scary but was a good premise. I'm not sure I'll be thrilled by Del Toro doing it. He has a way of being a real downer and his fixation on children is kinda creepy.

    ReplyDelete