Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Blu-ray Review: KILL ZOMBIE!

 
http://www.wellgousa.com/kill-zombieKILL ZOMBIE
Directed by   and
Distributed by  Well Go USA

  I have a feeling a lot of you have probably never heard of this movie, but you should have!  KILL ZOMBIE! is a hilarious horror-comedy from the Netherlands that succeeds at being both gory and funny.  Here is the plot synopsis from the Well Go USA website:

  A Russian Space station crashes in Amsterdam, releasing a deadly virus that turns everyday citizens into flesh-craving psychopaths. Aziz (Yahya Gaier), his brother Mo (Ouled Radi) and several strangers emerge from jail, oblivious to the mayhem until they team up with a local police officer (Gigi Ravelli). After receiving a desperate call for help, this unlikely band of heroes sets out on an insane rescue mission - and it's going to take a seriously crazy plan if they want to get out alive...

 I am always a little nervous when it comes to horror-comedies, because most of the time they are just really not that good.  I was worried about that when I started watching KILL ZOMBIE!, but I soon realized that this was not going to be the case with this film.  The film is hilarious with some laugh-out-loud moments for me.  The acting was great, and the production value seems very high.  The post-apocalyptic look of the film is very well done.  I also enjoyed the zombie effects, complete with gross green slimy stuff mixed with their blood. You see a lot of this splattered all over the place, which is a good thing, except that most all of the effects are CG.   That is probably my only complaint about this film, but that is a very minor complaint.  I usually hate when horror movies use CG blood and effects in movies, but I guess I didn't mind it as much in this film since it was more of a comedy.   Since the CG blood splatters have almost a slight goofy look to them, it really takes away from the eerie feeling in a straight horror film, but since this is more of a comedy, it actually kind of works.

  If you are a fan of horror-comedies, especially zombie comedies like SHAUN OF THE DEAD, you definitely need to give KILL ZOMBIE! a shot.  The movie is available now from Well Go USA on DVD and Blu-ray.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray


http://www.wellgousa.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment