Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

DVD Review: EMPIRE OF THE APES (2013)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3033160/EMPIRE OF THE APES
Written & Directed by
Distributed by MVD Entertainment

  Wow.  I have seen some bad, low budget movies before, but this one is up there among the worst.
Here is the plot synopsis from the MVD website:

  In a distant galaxy three escaped female convicts crash land on a primitive world inhabited by a race of warlike apes. They fight for survival as the humanoid apes fight for their possession, body and soul. A daring escape is their only way out. Hot on their heels are the blood lusting gorillas and a prison warden bent on their return to the prison ship they escaped from.

  EMPIRE OF THE APES is one of those films that could have been in the "so bad, it's good" category.  Unfortunately, it is just in the "so bad, it's really bad" category.   I really don't like giving negative reviews, as I know how hard it is to make a movie.  So much time and effort goes into making a film, that I feel bad for writing negatively about someone's work.  But, I don't really fell bad this time because I think the filmmakers know this is a bad film.  They have to...how could they not?  The actors also had to know they were in a bad movie the first time they saw the actors dressed up in the ape costumes and read any line of dialog for the film.  Also, anytime you put "special effects" in your film that look this bad, I can't help but think that it was intentional.  Maybe it wasn't, but I am giving the filmmakers the benefit of the doubt.

  I usually like to point out some good things in a negative review, but I honestly just can't find anything good to say about this one.  What could have been a fun, cheesy, sci-fi/horror/exploitation film turned out to be nothing but a big dud.  Better luck to the filmmakers on their next effort.

  If you want to give this a watch and see for yourself, the DVD is available now from MVD Entertainment.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


http://mvdb2b.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment