Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DVD Review: BONNIE AND CLYDE VS. DRACULA (2008)


Directed by: Timothy Friend
Distributed by: Indican Pictures

I just watched the film BONNIE AND CLYDE VS DRACULA. I loved this movie from the moment I heard that title. It sounds so ridiculous that it just had to be great...right? And that DVD cover looks super cool too. I was super excited to finally watch this. So did it live up to my expectations? Before I answer that, here is the basic plot from the film's official website for those that aren't familiar with the film:

Bonnie and Clyde vs. Dracula combines the rough and tumble world of 1930's era gangster movies with the violent gothic atmosphere of a classic horror film. When a robbery goes bad and one of their companions is shot, Bonnie and Clyde are forced to seek help at a nearby mansion, home to the twisted Dr. Loveless and his imprisioned sister, Annabel. But Loveless has a secret. Deep in his cellar, the recently revived Dracula awaits...

So...did the film live up to my expectations? Well....unfortunately no. But maybe I had hyped it up too much in my head...who knows. While the film didn't live up to what I expected, that is not to say it wasn't a good film. It did have some very good things going for it...most notably the great acting. Tiffany Shepis as Bonnie and Trent Haaga as Clyde were a great on screen due and seemed to have some great chemistry. These two made the film in my opinion.

The film also contained some disturbing images...most notably the person or "thing" in the opening scene. The film contained some genuine scares at some points as well.

While the movie did have it's good points, it had its flaws as well. My major problem with this film are all the subplots and characters that are introduced. The whole plot with Dr. Loveless and his sister, Annabel, just seemed out of place to me. They could have been in a separate film all together. I mean, aren't we really here to see three main people...Bonnie, Clyde, and Dracula!

Another issue I had was that the film was very slow at times....the only thing that made up for this was the very ending when Bonnie and Clyde go on a Vampire shooting spree. That was a lot of fun to watch!

For a crime film, this was actually very good, with some good dialog and some really great shoot out scenes, but for us Horror and gore fans, the film just lacked a little bit in that department.
BONNIE AND CLYDE VS DRACULA is scheduled for release on DVD May 3rd. Check it out for yourself and see what you think!


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD (Pre-order)
CLICK HERE to visit the film's official website

1 comment: